26 Mar Apricot Cobbler
- Around 5 or 6 medium sized apricots, stone removed and sliced
- Zest of 1 orange
- 3/4 cup sifted self raising flour
- 1/3 cup sifted wholemeal plain flour
- 100g chilled unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (160ºC Fan Forced).
- Lightly grease a 4 cup oven proof dish (or you can make yours as individual desserts like I did) and place apricot slices in them.
- Combine flours, rind and butter in a bowl and rub butter lightly into the flour until mixture resembles breadcrumbs (or place in kitchen processor and pulsate until you have the desired texture).
- Combine egg and milk in a seperate bowl, then add to dry ingredients.
- Stir until mix is dough like then place heaped tablespoons on top of apricots to cover them entirely.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through.
Serve with some cream, ice cream or custard.
Recipe adapted from one found here