26 Dec An unlikely couple
I love Summer. The warm weather, the beach, daylight savings, and I especially love how easy it is to throw together a quick and easy dinner utilising the BBQ and a summer salad.
But eating the same salads throughout summer can get a little boring, so I’m always on the lookout for fresh new salads to spice up the dinner table and keep the kids interested.
I found this one on the Planning with Kids website and it was a real hit! It’s also really easy to throw together and a great way to get the kids (and the fussy adults!) to eat cucumber.
Strawberry and Cucumber Salad
- 200ml greek yoghurt
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tbs mint
- 1 tbs parsley
- 2 lebanese cucumbers
- 350g strawberrie
- Peel and de-seed cucumbers.
- Chop cucumber into small chunks and place into a medium sized salad bowl.
- Hull and chop strawberries into rough chunks and place into salad bowl. Gently mix cucumber and strawberries.
- Chop mint and parsley and crush garlic in a bowl.
- Add yoghurt and combine. Add yoghurt dressing to the salad and toss gently.
Serve and enjoy!